Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fat and happy... or, not so happy

That's me. I am such a glutton. For those of you who don't know, I have absolutely no self-control when it comes to sweets. I literally stuffed myself to sickness two nights in a row- on cookies, glazed pecans, pie, and an assortment of chocolates. The first night on the couch, knees drawn in to chest, just wasn't lesson enough for me. I had to do it again the next night as well. But I'm alive and well today, jeans just feel a little tighter, and I swear I won't eat like that again- atleast not after I finish up the BAGS of cookies and such that family so kindly gave us this holiday season :) Haha, I did contribute to my unhealthy addiction, I can't blame all the goodies on family. In addition to sugar cookies I made for Santa, my sister-in-law and I attempted a new treat- cake balls. I just learned of their existence a few months ago. It's all the new rage! And they turned out wonderfully.I couldn't help posing for this picture after Anease pointed out what the cake balls looked like with our colored "dollops" on top... sorry.

Quick review of our Christmas. Christmas Eve was spent at my parent's house. We combined my Mom and Dad's sides together this year for Christmas Eve, which was great. It freed up Christmas day for us newly married kids to spend with our in-laws, rather than running around seeing all sides of family members. Carter, of course, raked in the goods. It was ridiculous as usual. Sean got a grill for the new house, and he was so excited! The backyard isn't quite ready for grilling parties, but I can guarantee you he will be on the driveway with that bad boy grillin' up some mean meals!



We had our first Christmas morning as a family in our home this year. It was so perfect. Even though we didn't get home till midnight the night before, the last couple hours before we went to bed were spent preparing for Santa. We decorated a few sugar cookies especially for him, wrote him a note, and then fell fast asleep. (This is a new tradition we just started and plan to carry on with Carter and all future children, for as long as they'll let us!) So Christmas morning, Carter woke up to cookie crumbs, a note to him from Santa, and presents under the tree. My parents came over very early (early as in they woke us up, with donuts, haha, and then waited for Carter to wake up!) to see all of the Christmas morning action, and to make sure Carter liked the big swingset/playground that "Santa" aka Papa left in the backyard. Yes, in the week prior to Christmas, my dad managed to sneak into the backyard on 3 separate occasions and build a swingset, start to finish- without Carter ever knowing! I have wonderful parents.



Personalized Chef hat that reads "Junior Chef Carter." He's always helping me in the kitchen and we refer to ourselves as chefs, so how perfect?! PersonalizationMall.com... amazing gifts.



My dad informed me that this picture with all of us bundled up looks like we can't afford heating our house. We actually can, but we had just come inside from checking out the gift in the backyard where it was 32 degrees. Super-freezin' temp for Texas!



Later Christmas Day we went to Sean's Mom's house. Tons of food, and sweets, and even games! Kathy, my mother-in-law, planned some fun Christmas-themed games and even gave away prizes. I won one! It was the memory game that I dominated in- go figure.

Last weekend we had Sean's dad and family over to celebrate Christmas. They live out of town, so it was fun to have them here and get all the Stevenson kids under one roof.

So there it is. Our Christmas in a nutshell. Hope yours was just as wonderful, even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment