Friday, December 11, 2009

Oops...


Why did I start this thing? Oh yes, to keep you updated. Haven't been doing a very good job lately, but let me explain... Since my last sweet post full of Thanksgiving gratitude I have written and submitted a 32 page paper called a "Teacher Work Sample" for school, created a webpage and filled it with lesson plans and activities I've developed over the course of my college career (this is called an "E-folio" which my professors use to critique my work), completed research on and created a wonderful presentation of my heritage (Vive la France!), taken two finals, kept Carter hom from school due to some 24-hour illness, turned 25 and listened to everyone comment on how I've reached the "quarter-century mark" (uh, ouch?), slowly added finishing touches to our house, bought all Christmas decorations and went at it- including assembling the pre-lit wire deer that stand beautifully in the front yard (hubby wasn't home, or he would have definitely taken on that one), I started and finished my Christmas shopping, and last, but most certainly not least, I used my crockpot TWICE! The thing is seriously amazing. It produces the most tender, juicy, tasty meals and Sean thinks I am this incredible chef. I don't tell him what the crockpot really does- that I just throw ingredients in at 8am and then the timer goes off at 5pm and I never actually cooked anything. I just let him think it's all me. Hey, sometimes I don't get the credit I deserve for the laundry or cleaning that I do, so it's ok- it all evens out, haha.

Here's my little man helping me bake a delicious pie for our first dinner party. Haha, I'm making it sound fancy, but we just had Sean's family over for dinner. Still, it was a first!

And here my intellect is reading to a baby at the library. He volunteers his time weekly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment