Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Break!

I think Sean was a bit jealous yesterday when he realized that it was Tuesday and I wasn't in class, and that I wasn't going to be for the rest of the week, either. People in school get a nice, little break for Thanksgiving (along with every other holiday), while the working world still has to go at it as hard as any other day. It's got to be a little tough to wake up and go when you know the rest of your family is still in bed, and will probably remain there for a few hours longer, and then, when they finally do wake, will participate in whatever fun, leisurely activities they would like to for the remainder of the day. But Sean does it every day anyway, and even wakes me up to tell me how much he loves me and wish me a good day before he leaves. I love my husband more than words can describe. I won't even attempt some poetic description because my simple English words just won't do my love justice. But I will say, I am thankful for him. And I have so much else to be thankful for, like these really pretty flowers I got last night for 5 bucks! Look!

No, in all seriousness, there is much to be thankful for. I have a healthy family, which is something we so often take for granted. There are so many people who wake up every day in pain, or stay constantly medicated because the pain from some ailment is intolerable. I could not imagine dealing with that, or having to watch someone I love experience it. Thank you, God, for my family's health! I also have a new home which I am extremely thankful for. Not only do we have a home, but we have the means to put in our home things we need, or just want. I am so thankful for our little house, and everything in it that makes it feel like our home. Sean and I both have amazing families as well. They love us both dearly and we constantly feel it- like with the help they gave us with moving, love gifts that never end, or taking Carter at times so we can just be alone. I am so thankful for them all! And my list of gratitude could go on and on, but I do have some homework to finish before I stuff myself tomorrow and lay lethargic for the remainder of the week, haha!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Eat plenty, laugh uncontrollably, and enjoy every single minute with your family- I will! I'll leave you with one picture. The only finished room in the house, and, my personal favorite. The kitchen.


1 comment: