Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love, sickness, and a dang good burger :)

What an eventful week! I don't have pictures to post, but thought I'd give the fam a little update on the week's happenings. I took my test on Saturday and will find out the results in a couple of weeks, keep your fingers crossed! (Not that anything can change at this point, but I just feel like I need some good luck!) Sean spent Monday thru Wednesday at home sick, and Carter joined him Tuesday and Wednesday with high fever as well. They were the most miserable couple of boys I have ever seen. It's amazing to me- I had the exact same symptons the week prior, but noone heard a peep out of me. Wimps. While they were layed out at death's door, I was still student teaching at Perfect School. In my class this week, the attendance never got higher than 15- that's 5 kids less than normal. Someone was always sick. Yesterday my mentor teacher was even out, leaving me to host the 'Valentine Party.' If you know kids, any kid, and you've seen them on "party days" at school... it's insane. Just knowing that something out of the ordinary is going to happen later that day gives them this 'speed' almost to super-power them through the entire day. I was prepared for this and came into class with my game face on. A 3rd grade class came in to read to my little Kindergarteners, so I had little pairs of children spread all over the room , the noise was at a manageable level, everything felt good. Then the most precious, little student came up to me. "Mrs. SHtevenshon," he said with his precious, little speech impediment, "I feel like I'm going to frow-" And suddenly his cheeks were filled. I didn't know with what until he slowly opened his mouth and vomit fell out, right in front of my feet. I spun his body around and began to run him to the bathroom. He eventually made it there, but not before puking once more on the tile on the way. I learned the procedures for cleaning vomit in the classroom yesterday. Perfect School has a, surprise, wonderful cleaning team that I owe my breakfast staying in my stomach to. After that, the rest of the day went great- Valentine's Party and all.

In the midst of Sean's illness, he was able to pull out the books and study for his first test of the semester. He took it Wednesday night and felt good. He's at work right now and will be for the next few days, which is why he got me an early Valentine's day gift. I came home yesterday to beautiful flowers, and a gift that shows my husband really knows me. He got The Perfect Brownie. You know, the infomercial where you insert the divider tray into the pan for "a perfect brownie every time!"? If you know me, you know that's something I would SO want/need. And he got it for me, and I didn't even have to ask! What a man. I also told him last night that I was craving a really good burger. First I was thinking Outback, then I thought Red Robin... but dear husband came up with an even better idea so I didn't have to change out of my sweatpants (because we all know the looks you can get when you go to a restaraunt on Friday night in sweatpants when everyone else there is dressed up for date night- how dare I lessen their efforts of making that night special by walking in lookin' a hot mess!). He grilled some delicious patties with swiss and pepperjack cheeses, toasted the buns, and added bacon and guacamole as finishing touches. It was the California burger- but even better because I was eating it in sweatpants on my couch! Mmm, so good.

Anyways, that sums up the highlights of the week. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Tell everyone you love that you love them! Happy Valentine's Day :)

1 comment:

  1. ahh sooo fun! you made me laugh out loud at the vomit part. gross!

    oh and I am super duper jealous about the Perfect Brownie Pan!!!! Did you know that I hinted about that darn brownie plan before Christmas (didn't get it), then one day last month we were walking around the drugstore and I was like LOOK MIKE that is THE coolest thing EVER! He was like "seriously, you really wanted that? I thought you were kidding". Oh no hon, I don't kid about brownies, I said. LOL. We didn't buy it though, because, really, I don't want to buy myself a brownie pan. I want it wrapped w/ a bow ready for me. Sean did good!

    ReplyDelete