Sunday, February 7, 2010

My apologies...

Time does not fly only when you're having fun. I wish that were the case. It flies even FASTER when you're just too darn busy! I mentioned that I started student teaching, and I love it. But good Lord, I am beat when I come home. The years of sitting in a seat listening to a college professor while I wrote my grocery/to-do list spoiled me. Now I'm on my feet constantly, running to break-up little Kindergarten spats, bending down to tie shoes, or kneeling next to an 18 inch table to explain something- like I said, it's constant. But I love it. The kids are so much fun and the school is an absolutely incredible place to be at.

There are two tests I have to take in order to become a certified teacher in the state of Texas, and each costs $120, because the cost of tuition is not enough to completely break the bank (sorry, had to throw that in there). Well I just took the first test yesterday and I'll find out the results in 3 very long weeks. You cannot make any lower than an 80% to pass, and if you do, you retake (and re-pay) until you get a passing score. I take a practice-test for the second required test in a couple of weeks, then the real thing the following month. Almost done!

To have a little spending money, and feel like I make some sort of contribution to our family, I started cleaning my parent's office once a week. Yep, I'm the cleaning lady. I'm also tutoring a little boy, which is awesome. It's great teaching practice, and it makes me feel good to help and see kids learn. Oh, I got into a little car accident this past Friday. A lady ran into the back of me when I was sitting at a stop light. My car's ok, just needs a little bumper repairing. My neck and back, however, are killing me. I've never experienced whiplash like that. I guess all the other wrecks I've been in I saw coming, so I braced myself. With this one I was totally unprepared and my face almost hit the steering wheel. I'm pretty doped up on pain medicine but expect to be at 100% any day now!
Carter is still loving school and doing so well. He's reading everything. He even started to read the Bible the other day in church because was "bored," haha! Here's a video of my 5-year old at my parents house a couple of weekends ago. He was helping in the yard :)



Sean is loving his new work schedule. He's done great at doing things around the house while I'm at the school. He's even made some of his own crockpot creations for dinner! Impressive, huh? And he lets me leave a "honey do" list for him that he actually does accomplish! Sean has swept, mopped, hung pictures, cleaned the fishtank, and even added some of his own little odd jobs. Here's some under-cabinet lighting he installed a couple of weeks ago. I love it.

I hope my February blog (haha! No, I will try to get on again this month!) finds everyone well! Love, the Stevensons



No comments:

Post a Comment