Sunday, August 15, 2010

I find great joy

in listening to my son's conversations with his friends. Today, it went like this:

Carter: "Ok, so fall like this (falls dramatically on the ground) and be like 'Oh, I'm hit! I'm hit!' and then I'll come and I'll be like 'Oh my gosh, you got shot!' and I'll try to help you up and get you to safety but I won't be able to so I'll call for help like 'Mayday, mayday (sp?).' Ok?"

Friend: "Ok."

Friend then falls on the ground: "UGH! I'm hit! I'm hit!"

Carter runs up: "Oh my gosh, you got shot!"

Carter pretend-struggles to help friend up: "Mayday, mayday, I can't get him up! Man down!"

Just like he said, it was. Carter planned out this whole dialogue and his friend just went with it. I was laughing quietly on the other side of the wall. What if the friend said "No, I don't want to say that" or, "No, you be the one to get shot!"?? I was kind of wishing Carter gave his friend a little choice in this dramatic play, but if the friend is cool with it all, then great. I do love to see Carter be such a creative little being, and a leader, too. I pray he grows both of these qualities and uses them to be a bold, inspiring witness for Christ.


Since I'm on Carter and I feel like I haven't bragged on him in a while, a good story seems appropriate. Earlier this week I was in my bathroom getting dressed and Carter was in there for a moment doing something. I grabbed my toothbrush and paste and was preparing to brush my teeth, when Carter asked me a question. "Mommy, are you tired of cleaning your bathroom sink?" I had just done some deep-cleaning of the house the day prior so I assumed he was reflecting on my hard work. I responded, "Well, it's not exactly fun, but it's just something you have to do. Yah, I guess I'd rather not have to do it as much." Immediately he responded with "Then you should get the Touch and Brush! It uses all of your toothpaste and gives you just the right amount, every time!" When I realized what was happening I almost choked on my toothpaste. He was repeating an infomercial, word for word. Classic Carter- see/hear/read something once and it's memorized, ready for recitation. I love that kid :)

Here's me and baby girl Stevenson at 16 weeks (today). I actually got dressed today for church and my sweet little neice's christening afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment