Monday, May 17, 2010

the end, the close, finished, finalized, done...

with college! (Well, at least until I start that Master's, haha!) I walked across the stage on Saturday. I wish I could say I strutted across with my head held high carrying a great sense of pride, but I think I darted across wearing a fake, nervous smile, my stomach in knots, and paying attention only to my feet and what was ahead of me (I was so nervous of tripping! My shoes were awesome for my outfit, not for my confidence, haha- what we do for beauty). Ok, it wasn't that bad. The day was great. I had lots of family and friends there to cheer me on and I couldn't be more grateful for that. Here are some pictures!

That's me looking at the camera with the big, cheesy grin.

When I finally got out of the coliseum, the first person I saw was Carter. He was standing on a little brick half-wall yelling "Mommy, you did so good at your graduation!" This was my face when I saw him :)

My biggest supporters to whom I owe all that I am, Mom and Dad!

My other half, who is ever-supportive, patient (most of the time, haha), loving, and took many unnecessary trips with Carter just to get out of the house and let me write a paper, do homework, etc!

We had chocolate sheet cake and California burgers (my request :) and gifts! Yes, those are Cricut cartridges I'm holding- I got THREE more! Be jealous, my fellow teacher/scrapbooker friends, haha! :)
My family from Corpus drove all the way (and through pouring rain and Houston traffic, might I add!) up here to see me. Thank you so much, I love you all!


Now on to continuing the job search... sheesh. It's harder than I was anticipating to get in somewhere I really want to be. And it's hard for me to graduate and not know where I'm going, or if I'm going anywhere for that matter. God's testing my faith. I'm not in control, He is. Haha, I just need to remember that- but, dang, it's hard sometimes! I'll keep you updated :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful week! I'm off to fold some laundry and find something to organize. Ahh, it's great to be done :)

3 comments:

  1. Gosh I'm so proud of you! And so excited! I don't know how many times I teared up at your graduation, and then just now reading your blog...especially the part about you seeing Carter first! It hits too close to home, you know that. Kristin, you've done an amazing job with him, and your little family, and GRADUATING! I'm praying you find the job of your dreams...unless God wants you to go straight to completing your Masters. It's hard to give Him full control, but everything seems to work out so much better when we do. I love you guys, more than you know.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kristin! Love you, love Carter, love you guys. I can only imagine how proud Carter, your Mom and Dad must have been! That's the best feeling in the world! Wish I could be there on Sat. Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete