Tuesday, May 18, 2010

not Superwoman after all...

Sean went on another man-date to the gym, so I thought I'd organize a bit in the laundry room before I went on my own little run around the hood. While arranging a shelf, I found this little sign I had bought a while back to hang in the laundry room. It was just a cute, old-fashioned type "Same-day laundry: 10cents" sign. Ooh, I can hang this! I found Sean's hammer and some little nails, I measured the distance between the two brackets on the back of the sign, and made the appropriate marks on the walls. I began nailing the first nail into the wall and it went in like not even a millimeter. I figured I was nailing into a stud and decided to pull the nail out before I messed up the wall trying to hit it through or got the nail stuck half-way and wouldn't be able to pull it out. Well, turns out it was already stuck. I was literally pulling with all my strength using the backside of the hammer (you know, the part that grabs the nail- haha, got to make sure!) and that nail was not budging. Shoot. So I decided I'd give it another good bang to see if it would just go in some more- at least enough for me to hang the sign on. Nope, didn't move a smidge. So I hook the nail with the backside of the hammer once more and decide to give it one last tug. I gave it all I had, and WHAM! The nail goes flying across the laundry room, and the hammer came flying back- right into my FACE! The butt of the hammer hit me right on that bone between your eye and your temple! Holy cow! What was I thinking?!? Sean's gonna kill me! So here's my battle wound. I'm still waiting for it to lighten up, haha. I have a kind of big celebration this weekend and I'd really rather not have a jacked up face, black eye, whatever. People may start asking Sean questions (haha). Could've been worse. A little more one way would've been my eyeball, which would have hurt like heck, and a little bit the other way would've been my temple, which would have most likely given me a headache! I'm just gonna laugh this one off :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, freaking funny. Looks like that hurt!! Sounds like something I'd try to do. I was waiting for you to say that it fell off the wall as soon as you got it hung. Everytime I try something Mike comes in and says "you need to use screws!! (Mainly b/c we have plaster walls and all the plaster starts falling down, lol!)". Hope you can cover that sucker up w/ makeup!! So did Sean save the day? Oh and did he laugh at you? haha

    ReplyDelete