Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dang!

Did I really miss the whole month of April?? Well, the fact that I couldn't find a single Saturday morning to sit down and blog is a wonderful indicator of what life at the Stevenson house has been like. Busy. CrAzY busy. Like my whole weekend is planned out and over before it even arrives. Quick recap of April:

Carter started playing soccer, which I think I mentioned in my last post. He has practice every Thursday evening and a game every Saturday. He's doing really well, we just need to work on understanding and practicing teamwork. Like, when you throw the ball in from the sidelines, you can't throw it down at your own feet then run into the game with the ball- you throw it to your team. (He is such a ball-hog!) You know, little stuff like that. Carter also started karate this past month. He goes twice a week and takes it very seriously. He came out of his first class yelling "Yes, sir! Yes, maam!" at everything we told him to do. It's hilarious. Now, I feel I must tell you, I'm not one of those crazy moms that signs her child up for everything under the sun that he/she wishes to do. I believe strongly in NOT overcommitting yourselves so that you still have time for family, which, in my book, is most important. Carter had wanted to do karate for some time, but we weren't sure he was mature enough to take the classes and then go to school and not try to karate-chop his friends. Not to mention the fact that we had already paid for one extra-curricular activity and weren't about to shovel the cash out for another. BUT, Carter's name was chosen out of a drawing of 200+ kids at his school carnival for 'breaking a board' at the karate booth and he won 6 months of free karate at ATA Martial Arts. I was so excited for him- I've never won anything before! I was so excited that Sean had to remind me that it was Carter who won something, not me, haha. Anyways, since it was free, and I'm not one to pass on a good deal, Carter is now a karate kid :)
Here's a picture of him at his first soccer game. He's the goalie- and he blocked the goal!

I mentioned in my last post that my life-long friend, Beka, had just had her baby. Here he is now- I stopped by and loved on him for a little bit this weekend. He is so dang cute.

A few days after little Jackson was born, I became a real AUNT! Actually, when I married Sean I became an aunt to his brother's kids, but I had yet to experience the joy and excitement of watching a new family member's existence be announced, then see them grow and finally enter the world. Sean's sister gave birth to little Marianne on April 7th- it was an incredible night! Here are a couple pictures of us waiting, then seeing my new niece :)


Then there was Easter. Sean took off from work so he could go to church with us. It was awesome. I walked a little higher knowing that everyone could see my husband is real and not just a fictional character in the story of my sad life, haha. I'm kidding, people know that I'm married, but I have joked that since Sean started working the weekends thus preventing him from going to church, people probably wonder why things didn't work out, haha. Here are some pictures from our fabulous Easter celebration.


My last day of student-teaching was this past Thursday, then Friday I drove up to SHSU for my last day of "class" (next time I make that drive will be for graduation!). So I am officially done with school. I've been asked how it feels a few times now, and I don't feel anything, honestly. Sorry, haha. I am happier, though, and it has nothing to do with school, but rather the fact that I had time to catch up on my laundry yesterday! Seriously, if you saw the guest bedroom you'd know what a huge accomplishment this is.
Well, my husband should be returning from the gym any time now. We have a fun-filled day planned. I told him I was going to run around the neighborhood since it is so nice outside while he was gone. I did put on my running shoes. Didn't tie them. Sat down here... Uh, oops :)

1 comment:

  1. Lots of fun fun fun! Hope you got my email. Portia says "Hi Carter". Miss you guys! I feel like April just flew by too. Such a blur... YAY for graduation!

    ReplyDelete