Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PARTAY!!

My big ol' graduation celebration was this past Saturday. It was a blast! And I don't think anyone was happier than my parents, haha. My parents went all out with the decorations, catering, little sentiments, and my mom even wore my school colors- something I, the graduate, never even thought of! My mother-in-law supplied us with endless margaritas which, if you know me, was a necessity for the meal :) yummy! Here are some pictures!

My mom set up this little table inside with a cake (with a pic of me from graduation the week prior) and some framed pictures of me and accomplishments throughout my college career.




My two girlfriends from school. These are the only people that I met at school and then became friends with- like we actually we do things together outside of the classroom. I had the mentality of "I'm here to learn, not make friends. Let's get in and get out as quickly as possible." It wasn't until last year that I finally convinced myself that making friends at school didn't mean it would slow me down- maybe I would actually enjoy the time I had to spend there! Charlotte and Courtney are awesome and have really encouraged me in school and life in general. Girls like these don't come around often :)





Auntie Laurie and Sarah. You can't tell yet, but there's a baby in that belly of Sarah's! She showed up early to help set up for the party- and my mom had her on her feet runnin' all over the place! What a friend :) Truly, Sarah was at a time my only friend. You find out who really cares about you when you're 18 and pregnant and have nothing to offer anybody, or when you're 19 and have a baby and are limited to what you can do and where you can go. Sarah is that friend that never judged, never even acted like it made a difference, and she accomodated me. She gave up going out to make it a karaoke night at home with me. Now THAT is a friend.


A necessity for all teachers (except Kinder where they don't take grades)- the EZ-Grader!! I've always wanted one. Like before I even wanted to be a teacher, haha. Thanks Aunt Delilah and cousin Alanna!





My parents opening a little gift I gave them as a thank you. How do you thank two people for doing more for you than you deserve and can even recall? You can't. But I gave them a night at a new hotel with dinner and movie. Thanks, Mom and Daddy-o!





A personalized frame for me, the teacher from one of my creative friends :)



There's my mom- in her orange and white! Haha, "Go Bearkats"?!? (I've never said that before!)


So I'm officially graduated and still don't feel a thing. I'm waiting for that magical moment where all of sudden this surreal feeling comes over me and I am awaken to the reality that I am DONE! I'll let you know if and when that happens.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great party!!! Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate!! Oh and I cant wait till Sarah has a little belly!! :)
    Awesome gift to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kristin! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete