Tuesday, June 8, 2010

my, how we change...

For Carter's last day of school we told him he could pick anywhere to go eat for breakfast. He chose McD's. Ugh. I was kind of looking forward to going out for breakfast as well and really wanted to go somewhere I would actually eat the food, so I reminded him of how much he likes the chocolate chip pancake at IHOP. "Ooh yah, I change my mind! I want to go to IHOP!" So IHOP it was. And my country omelette was delicious.

Now let's take a walk down memory lane...

Carter on his first day of Kindergarten- August 2009

Carter on his last day of Kindergarten- June 2010

Sean was kind enough to walk Carter into school with me on his last day just so I could get this picture in the same spot we took the "first day" one. ((sigh... sweet hubby)) Just look how Carter has changed so much- it's crazy! He has definitely made the transition into a flat-out "boy"- not a precious little baby anymore, at all. And me. There's quite a bit of difference in me in the first day and last day pictures. I was still going to school myself in August- I had a reason to get dressed, I guess. But now- no school, no job, no place to go. Heck, why waste my time? Haha, my poor husband. I'm kidding. This just must've been a rough morning. I do still get dressed, occasionally.

Carter started soccer camp this week and he was super-excited. He wakes up at 6:20 in order to get ready and eat a big, hearty breakfast that will power him until noon when he gets lunch and I pick him up. It's a full morning of exercises and scrimmage games and he loves it. I wish I would've taken a picture of how sweaty/nasty he looked yesterday when I picked him up from camp, but I couldn't take my mind off the stench that was coming from him and filling my car. It took all I had not to pull over and puke and make him walk the rest of the way home. Just kidding, I would never- but it was that bad. Like I said, he's made the transition to BOY.


2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love that kid!
    both of them actually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! he's grown. makes me sad that andrew will be there before i know it!!

    ReplyDelete