Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Excuse me, do you know who you're talking to?

A working woman, an employee, a jobholder, one who works for a salary! Yes, that's right- I got the job! After my interview last Wednesday they scheduled a second interview for Monday with the Administrator and Dean of Family Ministries. So yesterday I went in, had what I felt like was a good interview (but I was still unsure because other people were interviewing, too), and left. Approximately 3.75 hours later (haha, not like I was watching the clock), while I was playing a rousing game of Jenga with Carter, the school called and told me they would love for me to be a part of their team :) NOW I finally feel like I've graduated!

As a real-life teacher now, I've suddenly got a TON to do. Download and learn the online gradebook and lesson plan tools, read some required literature, buy materials and set up my classroom (super excited about this part!), attend a conference in Dallas, and begin new teacher training the second week of August. Phew, I'm tired already. Thanks for those who prayed for my nerves when I had no direction, and then again when I was finally going to interviews. It helped! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the job! That is so exciting!!! Where will you be working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Kristin! You'll be a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whahooo!! you are going to do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I know how stressful that can be! Way to go. Also, I saw your beautiful wedding pictures on Facebook...you were both stunning!

    ReplyDelete